Tuesday 1 December 2015

Birdwatch Magazine Readers Choice Awards 2015 - my nomination


In the November 2015 edition of Birdwatch Magazine, the Birders' Choice Awards 2015 were announced.  The lovely Steve Hale of Avon Birding contacted us asking if he could publicize that I was nominated for an award.  We hadn't looked at our copy yet, but quickly looked and found that I was nominated in the Best Blog section.















I was up against a load of brilliant blogs but especially Noah Strycker's blog, Birding Without Borders, about his Big Year around the world.  With all these fantastic bloggers, there was no way I could win, but that didn't matter.  For me, being nominated in the awards alongside the world's biggest bloggers was winning - I had won my place amongst the them and that was amazing.





So thank you to Birdwatch Magazine for nominating me and to everyone (especially by friends and family) who voted for me.

Voting has closed now but I am looking forward to finding out how everyone gets on.


Young Birder Birdgirl Mya-Rose Craig at Camp Avalon
Photography taken by and copyright Helena Craig


About the Writer



Young Birder Birdgirl Mya-Rose Craig on Scilly
Photograph taken by and copyright Chris Craig




Mya-Rose Craig is a 13 year old young birder, naturalist, conservationist, environmentalist, writer and speaker. She is based near Bristol and writes the successful Birdgirl Blog, with posts about birding and conservation from around the world. She loved seeing Mountain Gorillas in East Africa and is looking forward to watching Penguins in Antarctica in December 2015, which will be her 7th continent. 



Mya-Rose is a Bristol European Green Capital 2015 Ambassador along with Kevin McCloud, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, Tony Juniper, Simon King, Miranda Krestovnikoff and Shaun the Sheep! See the full list of Bristol 2015 Ambassadors. She has also been listed with the singer songwriter George Ezra and actress Maisie Williams from Game of Thrones as one of Bristol's most influential young people. Please like her Birdgirl Facebook Page and follow her on Birdgirl Twitter












2 comments:

  1. I am so proud to know you and am sure that you will be making more and lmore of an impact for the natural world as you go on. Congratulations on all you have done already! Bridget Taylor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bridget, that is lovely of you to say.

      Delete

Thank you for posting a comment. Please can you make sure that it is positive and is about me or my blog and not about promoting you or your business. Thanks. Mya-Rose Craig